PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE PROVIDING YOUR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION TO THE COMPANY. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION TO COMPANY, YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE PROCESSED AS PER TERMS OF THIS POLICY.
- STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: The purpose of this policy is to:
(i) Ensure Contractors understand their responsibilities when they contract with third party clients; and
(ii) Ensure Contractors understand their responsibilities for the protection of data during the performance of their contracted services.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY: This website is not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or store personal identifiable information from children under the age of 18. If you believe that your child under 18 has gained access to our website without your permission, you may contact us at: _________________@______
- WHOSE PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We will collect Contractor’s personal and other business information, as per Republic Act No. 10173 (known as the Data Privacy Act) and its implementing rules and regulations, from a range of sources, including from Contractor during the on-boarding process. Wherever reasonable and practicable, we collect information from the individual to whom the business information relates. Providing personal or business information about someone other than yours’ is prohibited under the Law. Company collects Contractor data for the following purposes:
- For Operational Processes: Product Installation Services; Background checks; Customer inquiry handling; Customer complaints and reviews etc.
- For Marketing and Reporting purposes
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT: The information we collect is limited to the details we need to provide the specific service you have asked for. We do not collect sensitive information, such as your political or religious beliefs, sexual preference or any other sensitive information. Company collects following data from the Contractor:
- Contractor related data: your title, forename, middle name(s) and surname, preferred name, any additional names, gender, nationality, date of birth, age, email, Government ID and emergency contact information;
- Data related to your engagement with the Client: business name and work contact details (e.g. address, telephone number, e-mail), work location, worker number and various IDs, work type, work order and time frame; the reason for any change in work order and date of change;
- Claims, complaints and disclosures data - Contractor involvement in incident reporting and disclosures, investigation of complaints by or regarding Contractors; and
- Certain additional information may be collected where this is necessary and permitted by local applicable laws.
Processing of Information: Under Sec. 3 (j) of the Data Privacy Act, processing refers to any operation or any set of operations performed upon personal information including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data.” In other words, processing of personal information is any operation where personal information is involved. Whenever your information is, among other things, collected, modified, or used for some purpose, processing already takes place.
- PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING DATA: In general, the processing of your personal and business information is necessary to perform the contract for services between you and the third party client, and for compliance with legal obligations which the Company is subject to. This processing also enables us to manage and administrate your engagement; and to consider you for future engagements with the clients.
- WHAT ARE COOKIES?: Cookies are small text files sent to your browser and stored by your browser on your computer or other device by the websites that you visit, or by certain emails that you open. Cookies allow our websites to “remember you” when you return and allow us to deliver relevant page to you on our websites. Cookies save data such as your IP address or MAC address, the city associated with your IP or MAC address, the date and time you visited our website, pages or posts you viewed, the URL of the website you viewed prior to visiting our website and the type of browser you use.
- WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF COOKIES?
- SESSION COOKIES are only stored for the duration of your visit to a website and are deleted from your device when you close your browser;
- PERSISTENT COOKIES are saved on your device for a fixed period of time after the browser has closed and are used where we (or a third party) need to identify you for a later browsing session;
- FIRST PARTY COOKIES are set by the website you are visiting; and
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES are cookies used within our Services which are set by other organizations. These include cookies from external analytics services which help us to understand the use of our sites or by advertisers so that they can track the effectiveness of their advertisements.
(ii) Enhance your experience on our websites by remembering your preferences (including recent searches);
(iii) Understand how our websites are functioning and inform improvements to our websites and services; and
(iv)Gather data that helps us to deliver information relevant to your interests.
- HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES: You can manage cookies on your computer or device through your browser settings. Please refer to your browser’s “help” section for more information on how to delete saved cookies and allow or block cookies.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT: We do not disclose personally identifiable information collected from you except as provided in this Policy. We may use your information to improve our services, to customize the content for research, marketing, creating profile and other business purposes.
- NON APPLICABILITY OF DATA PRIVACY ACT: The Data Privacy Act explicitly states that its provisions are not applicable in the following cases:
(i) The fact that the individual is or was an officer or employee of the government institution;
(ii) The title, business address and office telephone number of the individual;
(iii) The classification, salary range and responsibilities of the position held by the individual; and
(iv) The name of the individual on a document prepared by the individual in the course of employment with the government;
(b) Information about an individual who is or was performing service under contract for a government institution that relates to the services performed, including the terms of the contract, and the name of the individual given in the course of the performance of those services;
(c) Information relating to any discretionary benefit of a financial nature such as the granting of a license or permit given by the government to an individual, including the name of the individual and the exact nature of the benefit;
(d) Personal information processed for journalistic, artistic, literary or research purposes;
(e) Information necessary in order to carry out the functions of public authority which includes the processing of personal data for the performance by the independent, central monetary authority and law enforcement and regulatory agencies of their constitutionally and statutorily mandated functions. Nothing in this Act shall be construed as to have amended or repealed Republic Act No. 1405, otherwise known as the Secrecy of Bank Deposits Act; Republic Act No. 6426, otherwise known as the Foreign Currency Deposit Act; and Republic Act No. 9510, otherwise known as the Credit Information System Act (CISA);
(f) Information necessary for banks and other financial institutions under the jurisdiction of the independent, central monetary authority or Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas to comply with Republic Act No. 9510, and Republic Act No. 9160, as amended, otherwise known as the Anti-Money Laundering Act and other applicable laws; and
(g) Personal information originally collected from residents of foreign jurisdictions in accordance with the laws of those foreign jurisdictions, including any applicable data privacy laws, which is being processed in the Philippines.
- LEGAL DISCLOSURE: We may disclose your information to:
- Companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors and/or service providers;
- Our channel partners and Affiliates for purposes that are related to the purpose for collecting and using your personal information;
- Other parties in respect of whom you have previously given your express consent;
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers; and/or Companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions.
We will only disclose personal information with the above mentioned entities for the purpose/s indicated only with the consent of the Contractor or if required by an applicable law, judicial or other governmental action. The Contractor is deemed to have given such consent once he or she provides personal or business information details to Company. We will disclose the information, if we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is required by law, is required in order to enforce the Terms and Conditions or MOA, or is necessary to detect, prevent or address fraud or security issues or to prevent harm to Company or others.
- COMMUNICATIONS: We may use your Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any email we send.
- SECURITY: The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remembers that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
- COMPLAINTS: If you have a complaint in relation to the collection, storage, use or disclosure of your information, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer: __________ [Name] ____________
__________ [Contact info] ___________
- DATA RETENTION: The criteria used to determine the period of storage of data is the respective statutory retention period. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data/information is deleted or destroyed.
- YOUR RIGHTS: As a data subject, Contract have a number of rights. You have:
- The right to be informed including the identity and contact details of the data processor; the purpose and legal basis for processing the data, how the data is to be processed; the parties involved in processing the data and how long the data will be kept;
- The right to request that any personal data held is rectified if inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to object or stop processing personal data, including for direct marketing purposes;
- You have the right to access your data to see what data is held and how it is being processed;
- You have the right to request for delete or remove your data if it’s no longer needed, consent is withdrawn, the data was unlawfully processed or to comply with a legal obligation;
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
- YOUR STATUTORY OBLIGATION: You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide information/data to us. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to provide our services to you properly or at all.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES: From time to time, our website may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers, social media sites etc. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any data or information to these websites.
- USE OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE: At this time, some or all of the data in the service is stored and processed in the Republic of the Philippines. Your use of the Service represents your consent and agreement to these practices.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY: We reserve the right to revise this Policy or any part of it from time to time. Please review this Policy periodically for changes.
- IMPLEMENTATION: This Policy shall be deemed effective as of _____________, 2020. No part of this Policy shall have retroactive effect and shall thus apply only to matters occurring on or after this date.
- HOW TO CONTACT US: If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us as follows:
X TECH SOLUTIONS INC. d/b/a CasaTech
Unit 502 5752 Limbo Street
Makati city, Metro Manila, Philippines